The Science Warehouse Annual User Conference 2017 took place on Tuesday 20th June at Leeds University. The event was attended by over 150 attendees, including Buyers and Suppliers, as well as key partners Atamis, ChemWatch, CloudTrade and Spend 360.
There were a number of presentations throughout the day including the following:
Back to the Future – Philip Padfield, Chief Executive Officer, opened the day and set out three important themes for Science Warehouse:
1. Delivering Value to Customers
2. Broadening the offering to support additional Customers’ needs
3. Investing in technology to drive additional value
Procurement Trends Survey 2017 Results – Jonathan Betts, Customer Success and Alliances Director, presented an overview of the key results from the 6th annual Procurement Trends Survey, with the key takeaways being the growing importance of data, procurement now making a shift towards value and less reliance on cost focus, and what the future priorities and technologies are shaping up to be.
Unleash your eMarketplace – Concurrent sessions were held for both Buyers and Suppliers focussing on solutions relevant to each Customer base.
A Technology Update was provided by Jonathan Russell, Chief Technology Officer, who spoke about the trends in technology and the evolution that has been seen over the years.
Major solutions which have been launched in the past year include:
- Next Generation Search
- Supplier Onboarding Module
- Supplier Insights
- Demo Buyer Environment for Suppliers
- Professional Services Suite
Future Developments were discussed with the key themes being Simple/Intuitive (UI), Flexible Controls, Actionable Insights and improved Connectivity with all future developments considered as one or more of these themes.
After lunch, 3 concurrent sessions took place as follows:
1. Suppliers – Did you Know? – a discussion of 10 ‘Did You Know’ points to ensure Suppliers are aware of all the features available to them on the eMarketplace.
2. Looking Beyond the Crystal Ball with Analytics – a discussion on the growing importance of analysing spend data to help procurement departments make better decisions and become more strategic.
3. Accelerating Catalogue Value – a discussion on how Science Warehouse has helped organisations deliver more value from their eCatalogue with Catalogue Savings analysis and a fully managed catalogue service.
Spotlight on Price Approvals – All Customers were assigned to one of three rooms to have a discussion on the Price Approvals process which is currently used and to have their input into what they would be interested to see in future developments.
Wrap Up and Thoughts from the Day – The day ended with Peter Smith’s, Spend Matters, keynote speech on ‘The Future of Procurement – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ where he shared his thoughts on where procurement is heading and discussed if the robots will take over.
Download a copy of the User Conference write-up below.Download Now
Contact us to find out how we can help your organisation.